Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Rachel Reeves MP, Chair of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Select Committee, is looking to employ an Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Constituency Office in Leeds West.
- Provide a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
- Ensure the office is fully equipped
- Record and monitor Staff and Member expenses through the IPSA reconciliation system
- Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member’s behalf as necessary
- Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
- Overall management of the Member’s diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the Member informed of all relevant financial matters
- General supervision of all Leeds based staff including caseworker, students on placements
- Supporting caseworker with difficult cases
- Where appropriate, deputise for the Member at meetings with stakeholders
- Attend tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR requirements
- Gather relevant information so as to manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituent matters
- Manage projects under the direction of the Member
- Provide briefings for the Member
- Research local and regional issues to support the Member’s work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
- Prepare media briefings
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Interviews on 25th and 26th July.
Please apply by emailing your CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com
11th July 2019 – The Closing Date has been changed from 23 Jul 2019 to 22 Jul 2019. The Interview Dates have been updated.