Rachel has just given a summary of the Labour Party's policies on Work and Pensions on the Daily Politics special election debate.
You can read her opening statement to the show here:
There is a clear choice in this election:
Five more years of the Tories’ failing plan making life harder for working people; or Labour’s better plan:
- to raise the minimum wage
- ban exploitative zero hours contracts,
- and tackle rising housing costs.
With fewer working people relying on benefits we can control social security spending and have a fair and affordable system
that is there for you and your family.
- protect tax credits and child benefit
- cancel the unfair bedroom tax
- and reduce the number of people using food banks.
We will uphold the principle of “something for something” with a ban on migrants claiming benefits for two years.
And ensure pensions keep up with the rising cost of living.
Labour: a better plan, a better future
You can view the statement here: https://twitter.com/daily_politics/status/595582286436806656